Saturday, December 3, 2011

Do you have an "Arsole" in your life?

Nothing like a little chemistry humor.  This website is chock full of all sorts of molecules to which chemists have given silly, ridiculous, and down-right raunchy names.

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/sillymolecules/sillymols.htm
I love it!  Between stuff like this and the book I am currently reading called "The Disappearing Spoon" which has all sorts of fun facts about chemistry and the periodic table (even a non-scientist would really enjoy it I think), makes me really miss being in the lab and performing experiments and just EXPLORING! 

The professor who developed the website in the UK put together the following book, but it is out of print and very popular.  The going rate is $350.00 US!  YIKES!!!!



A bit of Gary Larson also helps me reminisce too!


1 comment:

  1. Cliff says "That's not so much for a book. You couldn't even buy 1/2 of a pair of shoes for that."

    ReplyDelete