Luckily Tracy came into town yesterday for a work function. We went out to dinner tonight to Freebirds with the boys, then hit DSW for shoes. I had never been in a DSW before (as I normally detest shoe shopping--- I have two different size feet and trying to find comfortable shoes that fit both feet well is a challenge---not to mention department store shoes are often so gawdy!). Well, the trip was a great success. I did not realize that DSW had such quality, tasteful brands many of which are focused on style and comfort. Yay! I ended up buying 6 pairs to fit the many facets of my work wardrobe as well as for weekend occasions that need something more than tennis shoes. I should be set for the next year or two.
I took pictures to share as I know you just dying to see my selections. (wow- this is making me feel sooo girly...)
Welcome to Tommi's Shoe Catalog!
Brown flats to go with my chocolate brown jacket and/or skirt outfits
Heels to go with my black suit and so much else (love the black/taupe/gray mix)
Brown boots for more casual affairs/ trouser jeans
Black flats with a bit of bling...
Low black boots to go with just about everything (as by black clogs were on last legs)
And these are my favorites- taupe/brown/blue --- will look awesome with my navy suit that has a gray pinstripe in it as well as on weekends with my jean skirt- YAY! (Tracy found these and lucky for me they did not fit her!)
So, you have now seen my entire shoe collection minus my tall black boots, my running shoes, my trail runners, and my pair of awesome hot pink casual sandals. (I have a pair of brown sandals too, but they are really looking beat up...).
So, thank you Tracy for a fabulous evening and for again being a totally bad influence!
When I arrived home and walked in the door Derek exclaimed "Wait a minute, I called you to tell you to buy two pairs of underwear, not two pairs of shoes... times 3... ". Ha! Apparently Snickers dragged two pairs of my underwear from the laundry basket and chewed them up. Well Tracy, I guess you will just have to come back next week for another fun shopping excursion! Ha!
Oh- one last thing... here is a picture (finally) of the ConocoPhillips running and volunteer team for the Susan Komen Race for the Cure. Don't we all look so pretty in pink???
Oh yes... Zachary has passed all of his timed math facts tests now through sums to 18 and will be starting subtraction timed tests this week. He received an A+ on his test that he took on Friday! Way to go Zach!

LOVE them! Ah, how I miss DSW! I remember Angels singing (and my wallet crying) whenever I walked through that door. Now my shoe collection is also crying...
ReplyDeleteI just knew one day you would become a shoeenista (have to have shoes to go with the awesome clothes)! Great looking! High fives for Zach and big hugs too. Can't wait to play "Flickin Chicken" - remembering the good times playing jarts.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, tell Zach he is now ready for the multiplication race in my old classroom :)
ReplyDeleteReally...who can survive in the corporate world only owning two pairs of shoes???? :-) I'm glad I was able to help and get you introduced to the world of DSW! Great to see you!
ReplyDeletePut DSW on agenda for my next visit!
ReplyDeleteDixie- next visit = next month??? :)
ReplyDelete