I have some new pictures of Aston this week that were taken at daycare recently. It is so nice that they showcase all of the neat things that the kids get to do.
The kids are currently talking about fall and all the fun things that go with cool, crisp fall weather like sweet apples and colorful leaves. Too bad it is still summer here- ha! The only reason the leaves are turning brown is from the lack of water...
Ashton had school pictures today. He had some taken alone and some with cow. I can't wait to get them back.
Yesterday we had the adventure of all getting passport photos taken at the local Walgreens. The woman running the photo department was not the sharpest tool in the shed. She really had no idea how to work the digital camera, and we actually had to go back today to get Zach's picture retaken because it wasn't to proper spec. Fun! We will have to schedule time when both kids are off (there is a day next week that Zach only had half a day of school) so we can go to the post office to show their birth certificates and get the process started. I am going to try and get mine started through the expedited process for renewal this week in hopes that I might be able to go to Germany to visit Wynter when she is born! Fingers crossed!
I know you are just dying to hear Zach's spelling words for this week, so here goes:
big, bit, did, dig, fit, hid, hit, kid, look, one, sit, three, to, wig, with
challenge words: chip, flint, shrimp
spectacular science word: scientific method (Derek says they should know better because this is actually TWO words...ha- he is soooo funny...)
Zach also was asking major details about how baby's are made tonight at dinner. I knew I should have kept my mouth shut when he was saying that a Mom eats and then an egg or baby gets made from the food when she wants a baby. I just HAD to correct him and say that the stomach and where the egg or baby resides is separate. Then I HAD to proceed and tell him that it takes a Mommy and a Daddy to make a baby. Of course he thought about that for a minute or two then asked the logical question, "Well, how do they do that?" Derek- master of deflection- said "We will talk about it later. Now it is time for a bath." Whew! We are safe at least until 6am tomorrow morning... Any ideas???
Oh, I forgot---we had a safety fair at work today and I won 2 tickets to the Astros game this Saturday night. We may buy two more and then all go together. Should be fun! (and a lot less stressful than watching the game with the CEO!)
Ok- off to a shower and then reading a bit. Ash now gets up at 5:30am every morning wanting to watch TV (which he is NOT allowed to do during the week). I am thinking of switching my running schedule from the evening to 5 am as I am not getting to sleep those extra minutes anyway. Ugh! I still do not understand why kids willingly like to get up before the sun is out!
Oh yes- my new motivational theme song:
"Something More" by Sugarland
Monday, hard to wake up
Fill my coffee cup, I'm out the door
Yeah, the freeway's standing still today
It's gonna make me late, and thats for sure
I'm running out of gas and out of time
Never gonna make it there by nine
[Chorus:]
There's gotta be something more
Gotta be more than this
I need a little less hard time
I need a little more bliss
I'm gonna take my chances
Taking a chance I might
Find what I'm looking for
There's gotta be something more
Five years and there's no doubt
That I'm burnt out, I've had enough
So now boss man, here's my two weeks
I'll make it short and sweet, so listen up
I could work my life away, but why?
I got things to do before I die
[Repeat Chorus]
Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate
I believe that happiness is something we create
You best believe that I'm not gonna wait
'Cause there's gotta be something more
I get home 7:30 the house is dirty, but it can wait
Yeah, 'cause right now I need some downtime
To drink some red wine and celebrate
Armageddon could be knocking at my door
But I ain't gonna answer that's for sure.
There's gotta be something!



First and foremost...what is Ash holding in the first picture? Next...YAYYYY for getting passport photos taken! Woohoo!!! Always a good sign :) HILARIOUS about making babies and kudos to Derek for deflecting it all. I'm looking up the tune to the Sugarland song now...
ReplyDeleteRUN to the bookstore and get the book "Where Did I Come From?"
ReplyDeleteJenny- he is holding a plastic bug.
ReplyDeleteThank God! :)
ReplyDelete