Even though this week has been another pseudo-week-from-hell at work for me, we have had some enjoyable moments. I received a call from the daycare yesterday at 9am that Ash was ill (threw up- yuck- we thought he was acting strange yesterday morning...). So I spent the rest of the day working from home and caring for him. He bounced back by lunchtime- eating half a box of macaroni and cheese, then taking a 3 hour afternoon nap. I got a lot of work done, plus it was nice having a Mommy and Ash lunch :) I also had a nice 15 minute skype session with Jenny in Germany (had to cut it short due to a conference call in which I had to participate).
We have been having much cooler weather, highs still in the 90s, but with temps dropping into the 60s for the past two nights. It has been WONDERFUL sleeping with the windows open (despite the dog going nuts every time she hears a noise). We have enjoyed sitting/playing outside after work watching the humming birds come visit our two feeders. Last night we got out the bird book as well as our humming bird book to help properly identify them and learn about them. Tonight, Zach drew a really nice picture of a ruby-throated hummer and the red feeder in his journal. He said that he drew the wings "fuzzy" because they are "moving so fast".
The other big hit in the backyard is lizard hunting. We have a few "bigger" bright green varieties that hang out on the garage. Ash goes and looks for them as soon as we get home in the evening. Meanwhile Snickers has found a few gaps in our fence in which she can stick her snoot/head. She likes to stalk the dog next door- ha!
Zach is doing a great job in school so far with high marks on everything he brings home. We have done a few practice timed math tests in prep for his first round next week. So far so good with adding up to 10!
I haven't spent much time with Derek this week as I have been working through lunch and working from home in the evenings. However, tonight is actually "slow", so I am going to sign off to spend some quality time with him :) Hugs to all!

Yay, I'm glad to hear the week turned a corner into happy-land :)
ReplyDelete