Monday, August 22, 2011
First Day of First Grade
Zach had a great first day of school today. Zach was so excited he was up and dressed before his alarm went off at 6am! WOW! He met his teacher, received a locker/cubby for all of his books, and had music class. He brought home all sorts of "homework" for Mommy to work on that is due tomorrow!!!! YAY!!!! I know what I'll be doing after I get the boys in bed- filling out forms!
Zach's biggest achievement was that he managed to soak his brand new math flashcards with his leaky water bottle (did not get the lid screwed on right). The flash cards could be salvaged, but not the boxes they came in (luckily we have rubber bands!!!). New rule for Zach: dump the water out of the water bottle BEFORE putting it in his backpack.
Derek called Zach to ask him about his day (Derek is currently in Bartlesville- he left last night and will be home Tuesday evening). We then had spaghetti for dinner. Just got done walking Snickers and visiting the mailbox. The boys are now in the bath. Will read books with the boys, then have Zach work on reading and a few flashcards. Then I will do my "homework" before curling up with a book or movie on iPad :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yaayyyy Zach! That is so awesome! It's so great he's so excited for school! Embrace the fact that he actually brought you all that paperwork, too...often that gets scrunched and left in the backpack (at least with middle schoolers). He is so organized! Good thing the math flashcards could be salvaged. Tell him I've ruined plenty of things that way...
ReplyDeleteThank God it was H2O! Not bad though for a first day of school!!!
ReplyDelete