Friday, April 8, 2011

Oil Ranch Field Trip

Today I went on a field trip with Zach's Kindergarten class to the Oil Ranch Farm (http://www.oilranch.com/) for a fun-filled day of outdoor activities.  I walked Zach to school this morning at 7:30am and met one of the other Moms to carpool over the the ranch (hour-long ride).  Her name is Mariam we hit it off instantly.  Her son, Bryan, is in Zach's class.  She runs her own business with a program to help individuals with their public speaking.  We started off the trip going to Starbucks for a bit of caffeine!  At the ranch we started off with an early lunch (~10:30am by the time the kids were settled), then proceeded to milk cows, go to the petting zoo, ride ponies, went on a train ride, went on a hay ride and fed cows, went to the Indian playground and swings, ate blue raspberry snow cones, and lastly celebrated Zachary's birthday with his class with chocolate chip cookies before loading up the buses and heading home.  Here are some highlights!
Z and I!

 Mariam and Bryan
 Zachary milking a cow!

 Cows are AWESOME!
 A natural cowboy!
 Can you spot Zachary on the train?
Silly Class!



 Mmmmm!  Snow cones!!!!
 Miss McCormick and Zach's class wishing him a belated Happy Birthday (with 6 spankings for luck!). 

5 comments:

  1. Looks like Zach had a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did I! It was great to have some Mommy and Zach time together! We both liked feeding the slobbery cows on the hay ride the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love it! I'm so glad it went so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cousins Michael and Christa will be so proud of you Zach! Is this another dairy cow farmer in the making?! Wonderful pictures! So glad you got to go along Mom.

    ReplyDelete