What a day! Zach had "Field Day" at school today, complete with all sorts of outdoor activities and tie-dyed T-shirts. There was a family picnic over the lunch hour. Unfortunately, Derek and I could not attend due to work conflicts. however, Zach sat with "The Other Ashten's" family and helped them eat their french fries from McDonalds. So I suppose things turned out well. Derek and I still were disappointed that we could not attend. Zach had a great day at school and was rewarded with a trip the his classroom Treasure Box where he received red heart shaped sunglasses. Very cool! (Ash wanted them as well, so we had to distract him with his pair of google-eye glasses from the Hammons at Halloween).
I survived by first big review meeting with a bunch of the company Presidents and Vice Presidents. Actually, the presentation went very well and my boss specifically told me I did a good job. so I rewarded myself with a glass of wine followed by an orange soda (two glasses of wine would have put me right to sleep!). I guess all that hard work, plus going to bed at 8:45pm last night paid off :) (Thanks Dad for the words of encouragement today!!!) I haven't been so nervous about something since I gave flute recitals in high school...
We had a really nice evening grilling chicken (with BBQ sauce and wing sauce-yum)! Derek is the Grill-Meister!!!!! The kids are now streaking post-bath. Time to help get them in their PJs and then have some story time! Yay for the weekend!
Notice that everyone is either wearing or drinking ORANGE this evening...



No comments:
Post a Comment