Things have been eventful since Christmas Day! We went on a family outing to the Houston Children's Museum, chaotic but interesting. They had a giant wave pool/water run that the boys just LOVED and of course got soaked! Derek, Zach, and Grandpa ventured out to NASA another afternoon. Derek and I also went to go see the new TRON movie on IMAX. We had a fun time New Year's Eve snacking, drinking wine, and playing Euchre. New Year's Day was spent making chocolate chip cookies (inspired by Aunt Jenny who showed us her cookies during a skype session that day---also good because we had run out of the sugar cookies made Christmas Eve). I made scalloped potatoes and ham for dinner. Yum! (Good thing we are headed back to work tomorrow so I can stop eating all of this good food!). Here are a few fun picks of the boys who just love to make cookies!
Yesterday we celebrated our 12th anniversary by eating at our favorite Cajun seafood restaurant in town, topping off the meal with key lime pie! (YUM!)
We were sorry to see Grandpa and Grandma leave this morning to head back to Indiana which also signals return to work in the morning. (Ugh!) At least the boys are looking forward to school. I spent the morning exercising by taking a 3 mile run through the neighborhood, then vacuuming the entire house, as well as taking down the Christmas Tree and other decorations. Ash "helped" as for every three ornaments I took off, he put one back :) I finally distracted him with a Santa hat which he proceeded to use as a sock puppet! Our vacuum got a workout too, cleaning up all the "tree droppings" (to coin a recent phrase by Aunt Jenny).
The boys in matching big brother/little brother sweatshirts. Of course they would not pose so one could see the front. Perhaps I will have better luck after Ash's nap.
BTW- Mom- "The Pig Did It" was a fun read, but "The Pig Comes to Dinner" is shaping up to be even nuttier!!!!! I really enjoyed my half an hour reading/tea time this morning before the boys appeared at 7am on the dot!






I am so glad I had cookies ready to eat while reading this post. Also, I appreciate the shout-out for "tree-droppings". Really, the term is made even more appropriate when you consider the fact that I literally dropped our tree off the porch :)
ReplyDeleteGlad the book provides some good distraction. I think I forgot to take the first one - unless Dad has it with his stuff. Since I missed the chocolate chip cookie making session, I am glad to see pictures of it. The cookies were great! Thanks, Jenny for your inspiration. Feeling less like I've been hit with a whiffle ball bat today so will go exercise. Thanks Tommi for your inspiration! Miss you all.
ReplyDelete