To start off the holiday week, Derek and I went - YOU GUESSED IT!- SHOPPING!!!! (Joy!) After dropping the boys off at daycare, we went out to a cute little breakfast place near our house called "The Egg and I". Derek had really yummy corned beef hash and eggs. I had a fabulous "Athena Scramble" with all sorts of veggies and feta cheese. Yum! It will be a nice spot to take family and friends to when they visit. We then hit Sam's Club to stock up on food and other items and to Authority Sports and Outdoors to buy Zach his Christmas gift from Santa (our surprise!). We then took a break from shopping to go see the most recent Harry Potter movie at a theater called The Alamo Draft House. Basically, it looks like a typical movie theater, but there are short tables in front of your seats where you can order food and drinks throughout the movie. Often they have special food items that are themed to go with the movie. So, I ordered a Butterbeer with my popcorn to fit with the Harry Potter theme. So yummy!- tart, warm apple cider with butterscotch flavoring and whipped cream on top. Derek ordered a Guinness Milkshake. After enjoying a movie and snack, we headed to the HEB to stock up on groceries for the upcoming holiday and Grandma Peggy and Grandpa Randy's visit. After returning home, we walked over to the daycare to pick up the boys. They were both playing outside because the weather has been so nice. Zach was thrilled to show us the red silly putty he made during science camp. Apparently they shaped it into boats and floated it in tubs of water. The day of shopping wore Derek and I both out. We both fell asleep at 8pm while watching The Matrix.
Today we went out and purchased a new washer and dryer to be delivered next week (as the ones purchased with the house just were not cutting it...). Have been spending the rest of the day relaxing/ paying bills, etc. I am gearing up to do some WORK for a while so that I can sit and have fun putting together our yearly photo album this evening through Kodak. Til the next installment...
BTW- Tracy- we got your box- THANKS! The boys will be thrilled that there is a present under the tree!!!! (That is my mission for tomorrow afternoon- to wrap presents and make sugar cookie dough...)...
Oh- I also forgot, Zach wrote his Christmas letter to Santa on Sunday night. Here it is! So cute that he added a line for Ash's wishes too. He also said he did not want to ask for too much as Santa needed room to bring presents for all the good kids! Will Santa deliver? (You will have to wait for pics from Christmas day!)
"Dear Santa,
I want a bike and a dragon. Ash wants a train.
Zachary"

Thanks for printing Zach's letter to Santa! It is a wonderful letter. Your day with Derek sounds great even though it tired you out.
ReplyDeleteOh so precious that Zach added Ashton's gift wish from Santa. Yeah to the new washer and dryer!! You are so right...the ones that came with the house weren't so great. And love the oportunites of big city living...butterbeer!!!
ReplyDeleteI want the benefits of big city life with a small town...with mountains :)
ReplyDeleteGlad the package made it. Hope the boys enjoy it! I want to see pictures :-) Miss you!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete