Today went a bit better than yesterday. Zach had a better day at school. His morning started out rough, but he was much improved by the afternoon according to his teacher. It will just take some time to work through this new transition (Zach does not respond real well to change. Come to think of it, neither do I!) I had a nice chat with his new teacher over email and got her in contact with Zach's kindergarten teacher in Bartlesville. That way they can compare notes to help Zach with this big change. Of course it does not help that the kindergarten classes here in Houston are going through standardized testing starting tomorrow that also helps with placement for the gifted and talented program. Trials and tribulations...
Zach and I have been working on his homework - specifically reading and patterns- in the evenings and will be working on his gingerbread man project tomorrow. Check back tomorrow for pictures!
Ash continues to wow the staff at his daycare. He is by far the most lingual of the 2 year old class! they are amazed that he can say so many words and understand most all that they say to him. He could identify all of the farm animals that they were studying today and helped make all of their appropriate sounds. Apparently his class had a relay with eggs and spoons - specifically balancing plastic eggs on spoons. I wish I could have been there to see it. I bet it was quite the riot! He again refused to nap today so was cranky this evening!
In other news- yes we finally closed officially on the house yesterday. Yay! Also, our commute to work in the morning is only 10 minutes after we leave the daycare which is a block away. Yay for short commutes! Speaking of tired and cranky- that also describes me! I am going to finish some work for a few minutes and then try and do something fun (like a sudoku puzzle) before going to be.
Yay! Good luck to Zach with standardized testing and good luck to all of you to make it to the weekend without falling asleep in the middle of the day :) Congratulations on actually owning the house!
ReplyDelete