Well, we knew this day would eventually come... we will be moving to Texas before year's end. I was nominated to take a developmental position within another business unit within ConocoPhillips for 2 years down at our headquarters in Houston, TX. I flew down last week to meet with my potential new group and interview for the position. Well, I found out yesterday that I got the job. My official title is "Director of Strategy, Integration, and Business Development" in the Strategy, Integration, and Specialty Business Group within ConocoPhillips. It is an analyst position where I will be looking at all sorts of Company information to make presentations to the Vice Presidents and CEO to help set company strategy. It will be a fast-paced exciting job. I will start my new role November 1st. Derek's current position in R&D will transfer as-is. His office will just relocate to Houston. We will be starting our house-hunting trip soon with high hopes that we will have a new place to move into by Thanksgiving so I can minimize commuting for my new job. Hopefully we will hear from HR/Relocation early next week. We were lucky and already have found child care for the boys near headquarters in the neighborhood where we would like to buy a house. We will keep you posted as to how things develop. We are sad to be leaving all of our friends and quiet (for the most part) existence in Bartlesville for the big city. However, we are looking forward to a 2-3 year adventure. The sooner we get going on it the sooner we can return to Bartlesville (or Colorado if our new technology center gets built by then...). Luckily my good friend Tracy visits Houston a lot for her job- so we will be able to have lunch or dinner together whenever she visits headquarters and maybe even sneak in a run. Maybe we can find a race where she, Stacie, and I can meet! We also are looking forward to hanging out with another family, The Morrisons, that we met through Bartleville swimming lessons that have 2 daughters the same age as Zach and Ash. They are both ConocoPhillips employees and were relocated to Houston ~6 months ago. So, it is nice to know we already have friends there.
So, at this rate, we now have ANOTHER place for family and friends to come visit and explore. (Grandpa and Grandma Ruchti will have fun splitting time between Houston and Germany- how exciting!!!!!). Awesome TexMex and BBQ are back on the menu! Zach will be excited because we can now visit a beach and also go to NASA!
More soon as things develop!

Tommi, congrats!!! My family is there and I grew up there. What part of town are you considering? I would love to give you school tips, and neighborhood tips. Maybe a good chance we can see eachother very soon!!! jodi
ReplyDeleteJodi!!!!! ConocoPhillips in on the West side near Dairy Ashford off of I-10. We are considering the Barbara Bush Elementary school District neighborhood since it is an award winning school, short commute to work, and we also found a daycare across the street from the school. Since we will only be there for 2-3 years we only have to worry about the quality of the elementary schools- not so much high school etc which is why we are not going to worry about Katy. That would be so AWESOME to see you!!!!! Maybe over the holidays if you are visiting your family??!!!!
ReplyDeleteWell, you're getting closer!
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you want flute connections in Houston.
Shari
How exciting!
ReplyDelete