(Derek was there with camera in hand. Enjoy the photos!)
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Rockin' the Research Center
We had our annual United Way fundraising kick-off today at the ConocoPhillips research center. Employees could pledge money using an online system where they earned 10 "votes" for each pledge to go toward a sing-a-thon, nominating their favorite manager to sing karaoke. Guess who was one of the three managers for whom employees could cast votes? You guess it- and I won! For my performance I sang "Twist and Shout" by the Beatles, including busting awesome dance moves with MCs Cory Phillips and Chris Copeland. It was fun- but I oscillate between feeling elated and mortified at the experience. The crowd got into it and did not run screaming from the cafeteria. At least it was for a great cause!
(Derek was there with camera in hand. Enjoy the photos!)
(Derek was there with camera in hand. Enjoy the photos!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment