Unfortunately, Ash did not sleep so well last night. After finally getting him to bed ~9pm, he woke up at 3:30am and cried every 20 minutes or so. I absolutely cannot sleep through this even with all doors shut, the fan on in my room AND the covers over my head. I think he must be teething. This would explain the short-lived fever with no other symptoms, hands in the mouth, and periodic night-waking. I was planning on going in to work earlier anyway since I am now home for the afternoon to care for Zach (no care for him until school starts on Wednesday). So, I finally gave up sleeping and was at work by 5:30am. I should really do this more often. I get SO much done when no one is there. I took in some of the banana bread for my group (Derek made 2 giant batches).
So, now I am home. It was nice that I got basically most of my workday completed before coming home. I stopped by the pediatricians on the way home to pick up Zach's latest immunization records. Derek reports that Ash went to his new class ("The Challengers" -- ~1.5 - 2 year olds) with smiles and excitement this morning. Basically, same kids, just a new teacher, new room, and all sorts of new toys and things to do. Not much else new to report. Tomorrow we will go to the open house at Zach's new school to get him signed up for Before and After School Care. We met his teacher last week. She is very nice and Zach really likes her. He was excited to see all of the neat things in his new classroom. Unfortunately, when his teacher was quizzing him about letters, rhyming, and other skills, his common response was "I don't know" after he obviously got bored with her questions (even though we all know he knows this stuff... Ugh! Zach will be Zach!) We have been reading books about listening and following the rules at school to get him in the right frame of mind for kindergarten (me too!).
More soon! Here are some pictures of flowers from Grandpa Gary's garden to brighten your day! (Thanks for sending us the pictures!!!! They are beautiful!)
No comments:
Post a Comment