Today we started the day with chorizo/baked potato omelets. I took Jake to the vet for some vaccinations and a checkup. Then I proceeded to clean out our kitchen and downstairs closets for items for Goodwill. We also went through our bookshelves for items to donate to the local library. The haul was not as large as that of last weekend, but the house feels lighter and we have much more closet space. I received an early birthday present from Grandpa Cliff and Grandma Dixie- a book called "You Are a Dog" by Terry Bain (Life Through the Eyes of Man's Best Friend"). It is a truly wonderful book and makes me laugh. Jake likes it too because I picture him when I read the book and it gets him some extra scratches - especially good on a day with two shots. (thanks for your thoughtfulness C and D!!!!!) It also has been a "light" reading diversion before I dive headfirst into the final Steig Larsson Millennium Trilogy novel "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest". Derek and Zach went to the mall and bought a new Super Mario Brother's game to play together (the boys love watching Derek play after their baths for a few minutes before going to bed). They also took a trip to Lowes and bought new handles for our bathroom sinks to replace the ugly crystal ones! Tomorrow, Zach and I will be going to see the Bartlesville Children's Theater production of The Music Man. Mike and Tracy Hammon's son Reese is one of the chorus and dancers. We can't wait to see him perform! We have front-row seats! (for pictures- see Tracy's Blog "Small Town Fish", link to the left).



Looks like a great time. Wish we had been there! Just printed the pictures to have out and look at!
ReplyDelete