While in Indiana, I got the decorating "bug" to redecorate the boys' bathroom in a bug theme. (My Mom and Mother-in-law's homes always look perfect as a catalog. So I always get remodeling/decorating itches when we visit!!!) I loved Zach and Ash's bug art projects from this spring so much that they were the center of my inspiration and hung in places of honor on the walls in special colored frames. The kids enjoyed helping me hang the pictures tonight and had a blast bathing in their "new" bathroom (as well as drying off with their new large, fluffy towels).
Zach had a great time at the zoo today with Summer Camp. We had thunderstorms this morning, so we did not know if he would actually get to go. However the weather ended up cooperating! Tomorrow will be another day at the splash pad!
Derek just got back from Staples because we had to buy a new wireless router. Our original got zapped (somehow) during our power-outage on Monday. Yay- fun with computers. Derek and I have been enjoying the TV series "Kings" on DVD. It is very well acted (Ian McShane is AWESOME!!!). Too bad the series only lasted one season. I also finished the mystery novel "The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo". It is one of the best mysteries that I have ever read. The characters are so interesting and well developed. I can't wait to start the second book in the trilogy by Stieg Larsson.
Per requests from Grandma Dixie, here are pics of the boys' new haircuts.









The bathroom looks great and the bug picture idea was brilliant. Can't wait to see it. The boys are as cute as ever. Thanks Grandma Dixie for the picture request. I too wanted to see the results. Love and Hugs, Grandma Peggy
ReplyDeleteThanks for the "do" updates. The bathroom bug theme is so cute although I was a little concerned when I saw your initial post!
ReplyDeleteLove the bugs, love the do's, love it all :)
ReplyDelete