

The remote-controlled front-end loader (a.k.a. The Digger) from Great Grandma Hobson was a huge success. Friday evening Zach and Grandma made a chocolate Texas sheet cake (YUM YUM YUM) for his birthday party, and then we all went out for a Mexican dinner at Senior Salsa's (total YUM!). 
We then watched loose against Duke in the NCAA basketball tournament- BUMMER! But it was still an exciting game to watch. Saturday morning I ran in a local 10K race. It was like running into a wall the entire time as the wind was so strong. Needless to say I DID NOT post a personal best time (probably a PERSONAL WORST), but it was still fun. Saturday afternoon we had Zach's birthday party with 5 of his friends at the local park by our house. Even though rain was predicted, the weather held out and we had a great time (even if we could not keep the candles lit on his cake due to the wind). Zach received some very nice presents. The highlight for the kids was sending the helium balloons "into outer space"! 

We ended the evening with take-and-bake pizzas from Papa Murphy's (a new pizza joint in town- very yummy!) and Terminator Salvation on DVD after the kiddos went to bed. Sunday was also eventful as Derek and I took Zach to see the movie "How to Train Your Dragon" while Ash stayed home and entertained Dixie and Cliff. It was an excellent movie. We all enjoyed it and can't wait until we can buy the DVD. We highly recommend it for all! Zach was especially excited as he received a "dragon training" costume from one of his friends for his birthday. We had fun today trying it out! 



We grilled hamburgers for dinner upon returning home. All in all, it was a fantastic visit!!! We were sorry to say goodbye to G&G Kunze this morning and hope they will be back soon!
I'm curious, did Zach do well with the 3D glasses and effects coming towards him? I am planning on taking Eleanor, but I was thinking the non-3D version might be better for her.
ReplyDeleteWe only saw the movie in 2D. The movie was great, but 2D was intense enough for Zach. There were a few scenes that he was peeking from behind his jacket!
ReplyDelete