Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Cat in the Tree and Other Adventures


Zach has a new imaginary friend, or more correctly a cat, named "Kitty" who lives under his bed and has various adventures while he is at school. Today Kitty climbed a tree and got stuck. Zach helped him down using a ladder. He wanted to draw a picture of his adventure today with me before dinner. I was instructed to draw the tree. However, Zach drew orange Kitty stuck in the tree and then a picture of himself (in blue) with a ladder rescuing him. I thought it was so imaginative and cute, as well as a great drawing of himself, that I had to share.


We have been having a busy week. Derek went back to work as of Tuesday. It has been pretty tiring for him. He has been wiped out every day upon coming home. (He is currently watching Purdue and Indiana play basketball while curled up in our big brown chair.) Last night we went out for a steak dinner to celebrate his being done with chemo and going back to work. (Never thought I'd celebrate going back to work...) My days have been absolutely nuts- but that is nothing unusual. I just keep looking longingly at my calendar for that vacation week in March. Running has kept me sane. However, I'm tired tonight and plan to take the night off and do some Sudoku and read a book (I am done with Zombies for the time being and am now reading Run by Ann Pachett. The book is excellent! A great story that has nothing to do with the sport of running...


Zach has been learning about hearts and all that sort of mushy stuff at school. He is learning all about patterns and has great pattern recognition (his report card came out and he shows mastery in all areas). His class is collecting change for to help the Haiti earthquake victims ("Donations for Haitians"). He will be having a Valentine's Day class party next Friday. We just were informed that March 4th will be his school's spring concert. It will be a big production at the high school like the Christmas concert except the theme will be songs from past decades. Any grandparents up for a rockin' good time???
Not much else is new. We are supposed to get some more snow tonight and sometime this weekend. I was hoping to get some outside running time with my fellow lady runners, but we will see if we get snowed out again. Maybe we wll all meet for coffee instead!
Ok, I'm off to relax! More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment