Thursday, January 14, 2010

Running

Running- that is what we've been doing all week. First to report- Ash had his 1 year check up and shots this week. He is 20.5 pounds and 30 3/4 inches long. He is doing great except for a minor diaper rash which we are medicating with various antibiotic and anti-fungal ointments and butt-creams (triple paste is the best butt cream out there for those who want to know). He is drinking whole milk now (loves the stuff). I have been running around like a mad woman at work this week with tons of meetings and reviews. My big proposal was funded and my group gave great seminar talks today. I had a big management interaction meeting and dinner on Tuesday night (thanks to Derek for taking care of the boys). Derek has even made appearances at work this week. We both have come home pooped out. That hasn't kept us from putting together and trying out our new treadmill which FINALLY arrived on Monday. We spent most of Monday and Tuesday nights after getting the boys to bed putting the thing together. As it is a major boat anchor, we decided that it's best home is the basement which will become the "new" workout/rec room. (This weekend's project will be to get it cleaned up! ) The treadmill is pretty cool as it not only has a strong motor and stable deck for running, but also has incline and decline features. It has simulations of different trails built in for a varied workout (for example tonight I "hiked" the Cathedral Rock trail in Nevada- great workout by the way, I was impressed. The sweater I am wearing above got shed very quickly). Last night I ran for 30 minutes with 5% grade hill repeats. Derek plans to use the incline/decline features to help with rehabilitation of his Achilles tendon. It is sure nice to be able to work out at home now when it is dark outside, inclement weather, or when the gym is packed from "New Years Resolutioners" (plus with my work schedule, it has been harder and harder to get away during lunch). I still look forward to my weekend long runs outside with my women friends as well as track speed workouts once it is again light in the evenings.

Hmmm..what else? Derek has been researching cabins in Ruidoso, NM for our planned Spring Break trip. I keep getting sidelined by restaurant menus (mmmmmm....green chile!!!!). Zach has been enjoying being back at school. He has been reading stories about animals wearing mittens and other winter clothing. Well, I am going to help Derek with Internet cabin searching (the one we really wanted with an awesome view of Sierra Blanca is apparently not available the week of our vacation- bummer...). More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment