This morning I ran in the Route 66 Marathon relay. I ran the 3rd leg which was ~7.4 miles. According to official chip time, which included chip transition, I clocked 1 hour 11 minutes and 46 seconds for my leg. My team (5 women from Bartlesville) ran the entire 26 miles in just over 4 hours and 17 minutes! Go team!!! This was especially good after our caravan got separated from one another driving downtown Tulsa and we almost missed getting the chip to the starting runner before the starting gun sounded. (We were lucky!!! - New rule #1 - hand out chips before leaving. Rule 2: make sure to have cell phones with everyone's numbers!!!) The other frustration was the busing system used to transport relay runners to their different leg checkpoints. After my run, it took almost as long on the bus to get back to the official finish line/parking as I was running my leg. (You learn something new every race). Special thanks to Stacie for filling in this race (We missed you Tracy!!!) and for riding down and back with me :) I am looking forward to our runs next week to burn off Turkey/Mashed Potatoes/Pie etc! Upon return home we Millers celebrated by going out for Mexican - 2nd time this weekend!!! The waiters at our favorite restaurant even know our drink orders! Yay! We are finally "regulars"!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Route 66 Marathon Relay
This morning I ran in the Route 66 Marathon relay. I ran the 3rd leg which was ~7.4 miles. According to official chip time, which included chip transition, I clocked 1 hour 11 minutes and 46 seconds for my leg. My team (5 women from Bartlesville) ran the entire 26 miles in just over 4 hours and 17 minutes! Go team!!! This was especially good after our caravan got separated from one another driving downtown Tulsa and we almost missed getting the chip to the starting runner before the starting gun sounded. (We were lucky!!! - New rule #1 - hand out chips before leaving. Rule 2: make sure to have cell phones with everyone's numbers!!!) The other frustration was the busing system used to transport relay runners to their different leg checkpoints. After my run, it took almost as long on the bus to get back to the official finish line/parking as I was running my leg. (You learn something new every race). Special thanks to Stacie for filling in this race (We missed you Tracy!!!) and for riding down and back with me :) I am looking forward to our runs next week to burn off Turkey/Mashed Potatoes/Pie etc! Upon return home we Millers celebrated by going out for Mexican - 2nd time this weekend!!! The waiters at our favorite restaurant even know our drink orders! Yay! We are finally "regulars"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment