Monday, November 9, 2009

Oh Cluck!


Last weekend was...interesting... but overall OK. Friday night we went out for Mexican (we are addicted to a new restaurant in town called La Fiesta- YUMMY!!!! We have eaten there every week since it has opened!). Saturday I was hoping for a nice sleep in. However, Ash had other ideas and decided to get up at 5am (GROAN!!!!). Then when I tried to take a nap ~10am, Jake (our dog) decided to throw up all over our bed spread and floor -he had been eating dirt out of our compost area of our garden (ANOTHER GROAN!!!). The afternoon got better as we all got outside for a few hours and took turns raking leaves and playing with Ash. Zach especially liked riding his big wheel through the piles. After filling 6 bags, we then headed inside to watch a few episodes of Star Wars Clone Wars Season 1 on DVD. Sunday, I headed out for my usual 7am six-miler, then came home to cinnamon roles (another YUM!). We met the Hammons for Lunch/Dinner for Mongolian BBQ (i.e. make your own Chinese Stir Fry). We have such fun when we are with them! Sunday afternoon was filled with laundry (ugh) and more Clone Wars episodes. Sunday night I had the joy of the weekly grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. However, a small miracle happened and I had the fastest checkout ever. (Someone give that cahier a raise!) (<>


In other news, we have a new favorite bedtime story in our house. We first read the book as part of Zach's "Raising a Reader" program through his school. It is called The Little Red Hen Makes a Pizza by Philemon Sturges. In this new retelling, she has eaten the last slice of her tasty bread, sipped a cup of tea, taken a nap, and is now hungry again. So, she decides to make a pizza but, unfortunately does not have everything she needs and her friends are all too busy playing to help her out. So, she sets out to make it herself. I have posted an excerpt to illustrate why we love the book so much. Zach loves the illustrations and all of the pizza ingredients. Derek and I love it for the "fowl cussing".

Other tidbits: We are looking forward to a visit from Grandpa Cliff and Grandma Dixie coming up at the beginning of December. My brother, Greg, got me sucked into the novel Lamb, The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore. (The Spider-man bit is too funny!!!) Derek celebrated his first night of his med-free week with a trip to the local liquor store. (He's sick of drinking water, tea, and other hot beverages (his meds make him cold-sensitive) and wanted to get some good-tasting beer!) Also, Ash is 10 months old today!!! (How time flies.)


Oh Cluck! It's already time for bed!


Thanks for the call tonight Dad! I love you.

2 comments:

  1. That was awesome. I love this fabulous and easy way to get an update on your life. What I never understand is how you have time to write it all down for us. You are my hero!

    I LOVE the book! It looks absolutely hilarious. I'm also glad Derek has something to celebrate. Hooray for all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also just noticed the quote about Tatooine. Awesome. I'm so proud of the Jedi master!

    ReplyDelete