Saturday, October 17, 2009

Woolaroc 5 Mile Run

I ran in the Woolaroc 5 mile race this morning with Tracy and Stacie. The weather was on the cool side (mid 40s), but the sun was shining- a great morning for a run. I came in at 47:40 even with all of those hills (my quads ache just a bit...). Woolaroc is the ranch property of Phillips Petroleum founder Frank Phillips. It is home to all sorts of animals. I saw a few deer and cattle-types during the run. The Buffalo decided to make an appearance on our drive out. (No ostriches this year- darn! They got all excited 2 years ago and ran along with the runners inside of their really large fenced area). Now we are waiting for Grandpa Randy and Grandma Peggy to arrive. Their flight was delayed from Minneapolis to Tulsa (do the airlines EVER run on time???). They called at 1pm to say they had landed and we going to grab some lunch on the drive up to BVille. So, we expect them between 2-2:30pm. Looking forward to Mexican for dinner and Spookorama (the local Halloween celebration at the Kiddie Park).

1 comment:

  1. You are such an inspiration. One day I hope to be able to run with you and actually keep up. Lately, instead of running or going to the gym, I convince Greg to stay home sick with me while I blow my nose and watch movies and/or Dexter.

    ReplyDelete