
We have been trying to make the most out of Derek's "off weekend" while he is feeling well before he starts his next round of chemo tomorrow. To start the weekend off, I ran in the local Indian Summer 5K here in Bartlesville sponsored by the Cherokee Nation. I finished second in my age group with a time of 29:07 (30 sec faster than my last race) and received a medal with the seal of the Cherokee Nation on it (pretty cool).


We then spent a fabulous afternoon with our friend Cris and Rosa and family from Ponca City. Zach had a great time running around with Clara and little Rosa. The only time they slowed down was for brownies!!!! We adults had a blast passing around babies Carmen and Ash who were majorly relaxed compared to their siblings. I know our boys really slept well last night!!! We hope to get together with them again soon as Derek is feeling up to it. This morning I got up and ran 6 miles (all running- no walk breaks this time!!!!!) with Tracy and crew. Now Ash and I are "chillin' while Derek and Zach are at the dollar theater to see the movie "Up". We had a great time playing with blocks (I can't stack them fast enough!!!!). Darn- I hear the dryer bell going off. Break time is finished. Time to put in the next load of laundry...
Maybe its the dog saliva that makes him so strong!
ReplyDelete