Sunday, July 12, 2009

Right Feet Forward

Well, I knew it was going to be a great start to the weekend when I went to the gym on Friday and realized I had packed two different RIGHT FOOT sneakers into my gym bag. Needless to say, I opted to only ride 10 miles on the stationary bike in prep for my upcoming triathlon and forwent any running. Still, it is rather awkward wearing the wrong shoe on one's left foot (not to mention not the most fashionable way to go). Derek and I are both finally on the mend after suffering from various infections this week. Derek has his voice back and no longer sounds like he swallowed Kermit the Frog whole. We had basically a relaxing weekend with the boys. We mostly stayed inside as it has been hot hot hot here in OK. I had a nice few hours in Tulsa this afternoon with Ash (in stroller) and friend Tracy shopping at JJill and other stores as well as stopping for an iced chai at Starbucks (thanks for treating Tracy!!!). Ash has started to sit up on his own now that he is officially 6 months old! We got the high chair that attaches to the table out of mothballs so that he can sit up with us. He seems to really enjoy being able to see all that is going on. He has been enjoying trying strawberries, blueberries, and pumpkin this week. Plums and green beans are next on the list! He also has been taking baths sitting up. He is awful cute playing with his turtle and duck bath toys from "Other Grandma" (aka Great Grandma) Ruchti. He screams with joy whenever the duck does something unexpected!Zach and I did a little fluting together yesterday, playing the Star Wars theme song and Imperial March. It was really fun- makes me wish I had more time to play (not enough time in the
day). He and Derek went outside this morning before the major heat set in for a bit of big-wheeling. Zach has "Camping Day" at school tomorrow. He is really excited to be taking in his Black Hole sleeping bag for the event!!!! (Thanks again Grandma Dixie for bringing it for him. - It was Derek's sleeping bag when he was a boy and she had it refurbished.) Details to come! Well, as usual, I am blogging way past my bedtime (and there is @#$* work tomorrow). So, off I go. Have a great evening!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to put up the great pics! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete