Sunday, May 31, 2009

Planting Tomatoes



We have had a really nice warm weekend here in OK. Zach helped Derek plant tomatoes on Saturday. Zach had a great time helping put dirt into buckets and digging holes for the little plants which Derek grew from seed. Ash liked watching all of the goings-on and especially liked sucking on his toes. I made yummy sub sandwiches for lunch. They were so tasty-looking that I had to take a picture before devouring them! I got out for another nice morning six-miler with Tracy on Saturday at 7 am. We have been vigilant about doing a weekend long run and 4-5 miles of speed work on Tuesday nights. At this rate we should be ready for all of the fall races. I am planning on doing the 15 K Tulsa Run in October and the 7.5 mile relay leg of the Route 66 marathon with a team of local women. It is great to be getting back in shape again. In other news, Ash got to eat peaches for the first time this weekend. He really likes our homemade baby food. It is so easy to just buzz canned fruits or veggies up in out little food processor, mix with a little baby cereal and milk, and serve! We are looking forward to a visit by Grandpa Randy and Grandma Peggy next weekend. The Biplane Expo and Sunfest will be going on, so there will be lots to see and do!


1 comment:

  1. As always, the boys are adorable. Derek's haircut looks nice and the sub looked AWESOME!!! Congrats on getting back into shape...I'll think about you while I sit on the couch tonight :)

    ReplyDelete