Saturday, May 9, 2009

Big Brothers Big Sisters 5K

This morning I ran in the Bartlesville Big Brothers Big Sisters 5K organized as a Senior Class project by the high school. It had to have been the most intimate race I have ever participated in. As the race was postponed from last weekend due to rain, there were only about 30 runners and walkers in total. The race was to and from the high school track among the neighborhoods by the high school and along the woods on the Bartlesville Pathfinder trail. The weather was crisp and lovely- great for running. I came it at a time of 31.04 - shaved off a minute from my previous time---would have been faster too if I had not gotten a stomach cramp that forced me to walk a bit (darn pancakes!!!!). I missed Tracy for motivation (she was watching her son Reese play soccer). The two of us have made a standing date starting this coming week to do track speed work on Tuesday evenings and a long run early on Saturday mornings. It will be nice to gave "girl time" to catch up (we don't see each other often enough anymore) as well as burn off calories and stress.

Derek, Zach, Ash, and I went to Tulsa for the second time in two days this afternoon to pick up our refurbished Blu-Ray player from FedEx- they keep trying to deliver when we are not home and of course need a signature. (NOTE: Do NOT by an LG Blu-Ray player. This is the second time we have had to send it in for repairs since we bought it last October. The Blu-Ray laser works find, but the normal DVD laser keeps malfunctioning.) Zach requested spaghetti for lunch. So we ate a Olive Garden where Zach could get his pasta fix and Derek and I enjoyed soup, salad, and breadsticks. YUM! Ash had a great time flirting with the waitress and the female college softball team that sat behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment