
Oklahoma weather is definitely unique. Today we experienced "thunder snow", which is basically a snowfall that also includes periodic lightening and thunder- something we have only experienced in OK as opposed to the other 4 states in which we have lived. We have gotten about 4 inches of snow so far- very pretty (although strange for spring)- and good incentive to have a warm, relaxing time indoors. Jake is the only one brave enough to venture outside (there are still squirrels out there and the yard MUST be protected at all costs!). This morning Derek made homemade corn beef hash from scratch and fried eggs for breakfast. We enjoyed it with a nice big pot of Earl Grey tea. For dinner, I have thrown together my Slow Cooker New Orleans Style Jambalaya. We will also make Grandma Dixie's cornbread! YUM! The house is nice and cozy and smells WONDERFUL. Zach has been watching "Return of the Jedi" this afternoon, and Ash has been having a good time in his swing. I have been enjoying watching them both and remembering how lucky I am to have two such special boys!OK- so I lied... We saw the fun pictures on the Hammon's blog of their family playing in the snow and we gave in to peer pressure. Zach decided he wanted to make a Snow Bunny! (Although I think the end result looks a bit like the freak rabbit in "Donnie Darko".) All Miller family members got in on the action. Enjoy the pictures!

Hahahaha! I LOVE the snow bunny! My friend is EATING bunny for Easter...
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you guys have snow now and it was so hot there a couple weeks ago. I can hardly wait to visit soon. hugs to all!!!