Today was my "official" comeback to running with participation in the St. Patrick's Day 5K in Tulsa this morning (that's a distance of 3.1 miles for you non-runners out there). Tracy Hammon and I drove down together for the race. I posted an official time of 32:20 min. Not too shabby for my first race after a long hiatus. The goal now will be to work on running faster so I can keep up with Tracy who has become a speed demon! Tracy ran an awesome race, coming in at just over 27 min. WAY TO GO !!!! We celebrated our accomplishments with Fat Free Chai Lattes from Starbucks on the way home to Bartlesville. (Special thanks to Derek for caring for the boys and letting me have 4 hours of "girl time" and exercise.)
Saturday, March 14, 2009
The Official Comeback!
Today was my "official" comeback to running with participation in the St. Patrick's Day 5K in Tulsa this morning (that's a distance of 3.1 miles for you non-runners out there). Tracy Hammon and I drove down together for the race. I posted an official time of 32:20 min. Not too shabby for my first race after a long hiatus. The goal now will be to work on running faster so I can keep up with Tracy who has become a speed demon! Tracy ran an awesome race, coming in at just over 27 min. WAY TO GO !!!! We celebrated our accomplishments with Fat Free Chai Lattes from Starbucks on the way home to Bartlesville. (Special thanks to Derek for caring for the boys and letting me have 4 hours of "girl time" and exercise.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good for you! Wish I could have been there, especially for the girl time and chi lattes. Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of you. You did great. I ran a 5K on the treadmill today. There was one in our town, but it was pouring. Not yet ready to run in the pouring rain!!
ReplyDelete