Yesterday afternoon, Derek flew to Houston on the ConocoPhillips company jet for a visit to headquarters all day today. So, I have had both boys to myself. While Ash was sleeping yesterday, Zach and I made peanut butter-chocolate chip brownies (yum!). Zach was a good helper, especially with eating the chocolate chips. Both boys had fun taking baths (Ash definitely smiles during his bath- a definite switch from the first time he had one) and were relatively easy to get to bed (they were being nice to me I guess...). Then I treated myself to pretzels and a cherry Coke (the old fashioned kind with cherry syrup) while watching the Oscars. I lasted until about 10 pm- then crashed myself. This morning Zach has been good playing with toys and Ash is snoozing in his swing, so I have been able to get some things done around the house (take out trash, pay bills, etc). Hopefully the tranquility will last! We are going to drive to the Bartlesville airport tonight to watch Daddy's plane land (Zach has been talking about it since last night). Other adventures over the past weekend included a full 3.2 mile run yesterday for me (yay- I can manage a slow 5 K now!). We also went on a family outing to Owasso on Saturday to run some errands and eat at the Red Robin restaurant. Zach was very excited to have chicken and french fries (see this month's choice family quote). Zach is getting really good at pointing out who is a woman, man, boy, girl, etc. Although I think the waitress at the restaurant was a bit amused to be called "Woman". Ash basically slept through the whole trip :)
No comments:
Post a Comment