Friday, February 13, 2009

Hearts and Minds, Feet, Blogs and Other Milestones

Sorry for not posting in a while. We do have many items to report.
Per the weather, we are all fine and were not much affected by the storms earlier in the week except for getting to witness an awesome light show and just a tad bit of water. We also had a stint of 70 degree weather (quite the switch from ice 2 weeks ago). Nothing like going from winter to spring overnight. I expect that we will see winter again before the season is over!

Ash is now over a month old and was 9 pounds 10 ounces as of Wednesday. He now sleeps at night for four hours at a time (yay for Mommy!!!!). He is also smiling periodically. I am hoping I can catch one on camera for Valentine's Day!

Zach went to the post office yesterday for a daycare field trip. He learned all about mailing letters. Each child got to stamp their own letter and put it in the "big blue" mailbox. Of course Zach's favorite thing was the mail truck. He told us all about it at dinner last night!!!! He is celebrating Valentine's Day with his class today.

Derek's last session of physical therapy was this morning. He was discharged with a good bill of foot health! So, now he will use the Wii Fit to keep practicing his balance and further strengthen his foot. (His goal is full mobility so that he can keep up running and biking with our boys!!!!).

In other family news, Uncle Greg and Aunt Jenny have started their own blog- yay!!! (Family peer pressure can be a fabulous thing!). Check out the tidbits in their lives at "Welcome to the Nut House" http://gregandjennyruchti.blogspot.com/. Greg is currently in Chile putting in observing time at one of the big telescopes there.

Not much is new with me. I will go back to work part time the first week in March and will start in full time the second week. Part of me is excited to get back to the rat race, but most of me feels sad as I have really enjoyed spending most of my time with Ash. I guess this will make the weekends just that much more special.

Tidbit for Thought: This week is Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week. So when you see a heart, say a small prayer for families who are affected by these conditions.

2 comments:

  1. I really like that picture of Zach and Ash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I printed this picture for Great Grandma and us. Love it!

    ReplyDelete